Keep some of these in your pocket* and every time someone makes the presumption that because you’re vegan you just eat lettuce leaves and carrot sticks, throw one of these at them.
*Wrap them up first, they are very gooey.
Ingredients (makes LOADS, ie. two 8″x8″ pans)
2.8oz./135g. vegan butter (I used Pure brand)
10.5oz./300g. dark chocolate, chopped
3 Tbsp. golden syrup
2 cups vegan-friendly mini marshmallows (I used Dandies)
1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, macadamia or brazil nuts, toasted
2 cups chopped vegan-friendly cookies (I used a mix of Bourbon Creams Rich Tea and Digestives)
1. Prepare two 8″x8″ or one 16″ baking trays by lining them with parchment paper.
2. In a pot over a low heat, melt the butter and stir in the chopped chocolate and golden syrup. Stir until all the chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with the butter and syrup.
3. Tip the biscuits, chopped nuts and marshmallow into the melted mixture and stir together .
4. Pour everything into the baking tray(s) and spread it out evenly.
5. Refrigerate for ~2 hours, then slice the slabs of Rocky Road into even bars. Store in an airtight container.